Every cat needs its own safe space – a litter box that it can call it’s own. So, what are some of the best litter boxes that you can give your Siamese cat?
Below are 15 of the best options you can choose from in today’s market!
- IRIS Top Entry Cat Litter Box with Cat Litter Scoop
- Good Pet Stuff Company Hidden Cat Litter Box
- Petmate Top Entry Litter Pan Cat Litter Box Brushed Nickel/Pearl White
- Nature’s Miracle High-Sided Litter Box
- Good’n’Fun Nature’s Miracle Advanced Hooded Corner Litter Box
- Nature’s Miracle Oval Hooded Flip Top Litter Box w/ Odor Control
- Petmate Giant Litter Pan for Cat
- Petphabet Litter Box with Lid – Jumbo Hooded Kitty Litter Pan
- Modkat Flip Litter Box with Scoop and Reusable Liner
- Favorite 25-Inch Cat Litter Box
- iPrimio Ultimate Stainless Steel Cat XL Litter Box
- Favorite 25″ Large Top Entry Enclosed Hooded Cat Litter Box
- Petmate Open Litter Pan
- KittyGoHere Litter Box Senior Cat Litter Box
- Suncast Extra Large Cat Litter Box
Each of the abovementioned litter boxes has been chosen because of its average customer-rating across the web. This is a carefully curated and comprehensive list of the most popular litter boxes that are available today. Read on for tips on how to choose the best litter box for your cat, and for specifications about each of the 15 best litter boxes mentioned above.
As a breed that demands its owner’s attention, you need to keep your Siamese cat happy. With all the affection that your Siamese cat will shower on you – after all, these cats are considered almost ‘dog-like’ in their behavior — shouldn’t you be the best companion that you can be?
Considerations When Purchasing a Litter Box for Your Siamese Cat
Before choosing a litter box from the 15 options that we have listed for you, here are some general pointers to consider when choosing a litter box for your cat (Source: Preventive Vet):
- Not all litter boxes are made the same – each one comes with its benefits and drawbacks. Make sure you understand each of these aspects before getting the right one for your cat!
- The general rule is that a litter box should have one more litter box than the number of cats that belong it, i.e., if you have one cat at home, you should aim to have two litter boxes; if you have two cats at home, you should plan to have three litter boxes.
- This is because cats are independent creatures and thrive when they have more space. What’s more, your pet might choose to use one litter box to answer nature’s call, while using the other as a “retreat” space. Give your cat more room to explore!
- Choose a box that has some extra room in it, i.e., where your cat can move around easily, rather than feel confined when it is taking care of its business.
- As a general rule, a litter box should be at least as long as your cat. This means it should be as long as they are from their nose to the tip of their tail when it is extended.
- The width of the litter box should be at least as wide as your cat is long with their tail not extended. It might be time to get out the measuring tape!
- In addition to the width, the height of the box is also an aspect that needs careful consideration, and your cat’s personality will dictate this choice. For instance:
- If your cat doesn’t usually kit the litter out of its box then a litter box with walls around 5 to 7 inches high is typically plenty of height to keep the litter in the box, your cat happy, and your floor sanitary.
- If your cat likes to kick the litter out of the box or has poor aim, then you will want a litter box with higher walls, and the higher, the better.
- If your kitty has mobility issues like arthritis or you’re kitten is too young to climb into a deep litter box, then you will need a little box with much lower sides. Kittens do grow quickly, so you may not want to invest in a top of the line litter box until your cat has stopped growing.
- Some cats prefer boxes that are covered; others don’t. Try to give your cat a selection at first, to better understand its preferences.
- You could purchase two litter boxes with removable hoods. Set one up with the hood and the other without the hood right next to each other and see which one your Siamese cat takes to the most.
- If that option doesn’t appeal to you, you could also try some of these alternative solutions: Do you know someone who has boxes that they wouldn’t mind your kitty exploring? Can you get older ones from a shelter to do a ‘trial run’? Can you make homemade boxes that are both covered and uncovered, to test drive your cat’s preferences?
- Finally, it might not be a good idea to select a self-cleaning box, especially if your cat is more of the anxious type. Although there are many self-cleaning boxes on the market these days, these boxes’ automatic functions can spook your cat and result in your pet not wanting to use its litter box. So, maybe it’s worth it to clean the box yourself, as undesirable as the task may be?!
With these general pointers in mind and taking into account the individual personality of your particular Siamese cat, let’s look at the specifications of the 15 options that have been chosen especially for you!
The 15 Best Litter Boxes for Siamese Cats
These litter boxes are ranked with the best option coming first. I based my recommendations on the number of customer reviews that they have received, the features offered by the litter box, and how well it does its job.
Each of the litter boxes described below will offer something special for your Siamese fur baby. Remember: all of these options have been vetted by real cat owners! There’s no going wrong with any of these options, but as we said before, every cat is different, and only you know what your kitty needs!
1. IRIS Top Entry Cat Litter Box with Cat Litter Scoop
With over 4000 customer reviews, this litter box has a unique and stylish design that gives your feline friend privacy. Built with round corners that allow easy cleaning access, and with rubber feet that prevent skidding, this particular litter box helps keep other household pets away from your cat’s space. No more fighting like cats and dogs in your home!
- Outside Dimensions:
- Length: 20.47″
- Width: 16.14″
- Height: 14.56″
- Inside Dimensions:
- Length: 20″
- Width: 16″
- Height: 14.0″
2 Good Pet Stuff Company Hidden Cat Litter Box
With over 3,000 reviews, this large-capacity cat litter box looks like a real clay pot and is designed with leaf-like structures that make the box look like a potted plant.
Constructed with a ventilation system that helps control dust and odor, this box is particularly suitable for larger cats and for households that have more than one feline pet.
- Height: 42 inches with included plant
3. Petmate Top Entry Litter Pan Cat Litter Box
With over 2,000 reviews, this box keeps floors litter-free!
With a top entry on a box that is otherwise enclosed on all sides, this unit prevents those annoying spills of litter on the floor.
What’s more, it includes high walls and a non-slip grate: providing your kitty with lots of privacy, while also catching litter from your cats’ paws as she exits the box.
This litter box is spacious and wide, with built-in handles and rounded edges that will help your cleaning process more convenient!
4. Nature’s Miracle High-Sided Litter Box, 23 x 18.5 x 11 inches
With over 1, 800 customer reviews, this litter box has high sides to prevent litter scatter – in case you have a “sprayer” on your hands!
The nonstick surface on this box makes spot cleaning particularly convenient.
- Length: 23″
- Width: 18.5″
- Height: 11″
5. Good’n’Fun Nature’s Miracle Advanced Hooded Corner Litter Box
With over 1,700 customer reviews, this litter box helps control unsavory odors since it is built with an odor control charcoal filter.
Using an innovative design that saves corner space, this litter box also allows for easy maintenance with a non-stick surface.
- Case dimensions:
- Length: 24.2
- Width: 24.2
- Height: 21.7
6. Nature’s Miracle Oval Hooded Flip Top Litter Box w/ Odor Control
With over 1,600 customer reviews, this litter box has built-in mechanisms that continuously limit tough litter box odors for up to three months! With easy snap latches and a top that flips up for easy cleaning, this box also has an enclosed hood to prevent “sprayers” from littering your home!
- Dimensions with opening flipped open
- Length: 11.5″
- Width: 14″
- Height at the lowest point of entry: 7.25″
7. Petmate Giant Litter Pan for Cat
With over 1,500 customer reviews, this open-top kitty litter box has a large cat litter pan that provides ample space for kitties to do their business comfortably.
What’s more, this box also includes a side storage area where you can hold liner, scoops, bags, and extra litter! This is helpful for a cat owner who wants their pet’s space to be as self-contained as possible, without taking up additional storage space in the home.
This box has a broad base and high walls, not to mention special protection that curbs the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
8. Petphabet Litter Box with Lid
With over 1,400 customer reviews, the Petphabet Cat Litter Box is ideal for multiple cat households, even in a studio apartment! Given the size of this box, two average-sized kitties could occupy the space together.
Built with design features that prevent spillover and odor, this box is also spacious enough for a cat to be able to move around comfortably. What’s more, the roomy nature of these boxes will also make it easier for you to get in there and get cleaning!
- Length: 24.8″
- Width: 20
- Door opening
- 2 X 7.8 inches
9. Modkat Flip Litter Box with Scoop and Reusable Liner
With over 700 customer reviews, the Flip’s seamless, full-height base prevents leaks and litter scatter! As the company says, this box is perfect if your cat is a “side pee-er.”
The box lid can have three privacy positions: closed, half-open, or fully open. This way, you can use the lid as your cat prefers, while giving yourself options when you need to clean the box!
Also, this box has a “patent-pending” hook and liner system to keep the box liner more secure than its competitors. This might mean less mess in the long-run!
- Length: 20″
- Width: 15″
- Height: 16.8″
10. Favorite 25-Inch Cat Litter Box Extra Large/Jumbo Covered Litter Pan/Giant Enclosed Kitten Litter Box/Hooded Kitty Litter Pan, Blue
With over 700 customer reviews, this covered cat litter box is particularly adept in controlling odors.
Built to accommodate one or more cats, this box is also designed to give your kitty space and privacy at the same time!
- Outer size:
- Length: 25″
- Width: 19″
- Height: 16.5″
- Entry Size:
- Width: 8.5″
- Height: 8.5″
11. iPrimio Ultimate Stainless Steel Cat XL Litter Box
With over 500 customer reviews, this box is made with stainless steel. This material will never rust and will enable the box to last much longer than its plastic counterparts! As the company says, “it could be the ONLY Litter Box you will ever need or buy.”
With an ergonomic design that has rounded edges and no sharp sides, this box claims to be odor, stain, and rust-free!
Easy to clean, and with rubber feet to prevent sliding, this box will give your cat plenty of space to move around while also giving your pet privacy.
- Length: 23.5″
- Width: 15.5″
- Height: 6″
12. Favorite 25″ Large Top Entry Enclosed Hooded Cat Litter Box
With over 500 customer reviews, this enclosed litter pan provides your cat with privacy while retaining their litter inside the pan.
This unit is straightforward to assemble and fold up, making it very simple to transport and store.
The design reduces odor, allows easy cleaning, and has a long life!
13. Petmate Open Litter Pan
With over 400 customer reviews, this open-top kitty litter box has a large cat litter pan that provides ample space for cats to do their business comfortably. With a sloped style that allows easy access for differently-abled cats, this box can hold up to 30 pounds of litter!
The design allows you to clean less often and to use a range of cleaning products to keep the box smelling and looking good!
14. KittyGoHere Litter Box Senior Cat Litter Box
With over 200 customer reviews, this box has a low opening for cats who can’t jump into a box.
Suitable for multiple cats to use at the same time, this box is particularly appropriate for cats that have arthritis and/or other difficulties that might necessitate easier access.
15. Suncast Extra Large Cat Litter Box
With over 70 customer reviews, this extra-large litter box is perfect for homes with large or multiple cats.
It features a low front for easy access, a durable resin construction, and a shape that allows efficient cleaning.
- Length: 24″
- Width” 18″
- Height: 10″
Which Litter Box Should I Buy?
Cats are all very different from one another, and Siamese cats, with their big personalities, are no different! The litter box that you should buy is the one that is the best for your cat and your home.
Before choosing from the list above, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does your Siamese cat tend to kick litter out of its litter box?
- How many litter boxes do you need?
- How long is your Siamese cat? What size box do you need?
- Does your cat have an accurate aim?
- Does your cat have any mobility issues or have trouble climbing into a litter box?
- Does your cat prefer the privacy offered by a cover or would it prefer to be able to see all around while it does its business?
- Where will the litter box go? You may want it to fit with your home décor more if you need to put it someplace highly visible.
Choosing your cat’s litter box can be an excellent way to get to know your fur-baby better. So, don’t just look at it as a chore – use this as an opportunity to provide the best space for your furry companion!